Stitched Button Crosses
- Cardstock or construction paper, 4” squares
- Assorted buttons, 11 (for each)
- Sewing needle and thread
- Craft glue
- Measure and cut 4” cardstock or construction paper squares.
- Arrange buttons on square in cross shape. Use needle to poke holes through button holes on paper square. Remove
buttons and position in same pattern on work surface.
- Thread needle with sewing thread. Starting at center button, attach button on paper square, sewing through poked holes. Run needle under thread
on back of paper square; knot ends.
- Repeat process to attach all buttons on paper square. Trim thread ends.
- Measure and cut 4-1/2” square from cardstock or construction paper. Glue stitched cross square on center of larger square.
- 1. Adults, help kids when using needle and thread.
Green & Orange Cross
Black & Multi Colored Cross
Green & Multi Colored Cross