Christmas on the Edge
- Chipboard or heavy poster board
- Black cardstock
- Assorted ribbons and eyelash yarns: black; silver; berry
- Black binding wire, 3/4” to 1-1/4”, depending on album thickness (We R Memory Keepers)
- Black-and-white holiday photos
- Stamps (Just for Fun): Bubble Light; Large Nutcracker, Santa, Pinecone and Stocking Ornaments; House Ornament; Large Poinsettia
- Ink pads (Ranger): Adirondack Snow Cap pigment; Tim Holtz Distress embossing
- Embossing powders (Ranger): Embossing Antiquities Weathered White; Tim Holtz Distress in Tattered Rose, Fired Brick and Aged Mahogany
- Adirondack Pitch Black Acrylic Paint Dabber (Ranger)
- Inkssentials tools (Ranger): Heatit Craft Tool; Cut ‘n Dry Foam Pad; White Opaque Pen
- The Cinch binding system (We Are Memory Keepers)
- Craft knife and cutting mat or heavy-duty scissors
craft knife and cutting mat or heavy-duty scissors
- Print and cut out patterns. Trace each page twice onto black cardstock and once onto chipboard; two pieces of poster board can be cut and glued together to replace chipboard. Glue layers together to make seven album pages and paint edges with black paint dabber; let dry.
- Using photo and patterns as guide, stamp and white emboss images on each page.
- To create custom embossing powder, mix three Distress shades in small container. Randomly apply embossing ink to edges of photos using foam pad, sprinkle with powder and heat set. Designer Tip: Do not use irreplaceable photos; this technique will distress photos and create bubbles for aged look. Adhere photos to pages; add journaling with white pen.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to punch holes and bind album. Tie ribbon and yarn to binding.
- Designer Tip: To create a custom album using any stamps, stamp images on scrap pieces of paper, then trim around edges, leaving wide “tab” at left side. To create page patterns, begin with pages of same length, then attach stamped images to right edge of each page, maneuvering placement until pleased with effect. Trim excess from patterns as needed.