Teacher’s Handy Helpers
- Midwest Products: Project Cork Roll; 12”x24” Poplar Plywood Micro-Lite; 6”x12” Birch Plywood; Blue PVC Sheet; Gold Mirror Styrene
- White/silver star print paper, 12” square
- Construction paper or cardstock, scraps: grey, tan
- Royal Rub-On Transfers: Ian & Faith Alphabet
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Baby Blue, Lt. Buttermilk
- Ellison Sizzix Machine and Dies: Bigz Sassy Serif
- Alphabet (654723), Stars #2 (654995), Bigz Boss-O Alphabet (655116), Paper Clips (381197)
- Sawtooth hanger
- Craft glue
- Newspaper (to cover work surface)
- For board, measure and cut 12”x15” plywood rectangle. On covered work surface, paint board Lt. Buttermilk. Let dry.
- Measure and cut 4-1/2”x12” rectangle from cork roll. Glue cork rectangle on top half of board.
- Measure and cut 10-1/2”x12” rectangle from white/silver print paper. Glue rectangle on bottom of board.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to use die-cut machine to cut alphabet letters, stars, and paper clips or print and cut out patterns. Cut
alphabet letters from birch plywood sheet. Paint letters Baby Blue or Lt. Buttermilk. Let dry. Glue “Handy Helpers” on cork rectangle.
- Cut small stars from gold styrene sheet. Remove protective sheet from stars; glue stars on “H”.
- For job titles, measure and cut 1/2”-wide strips from grey and tan cardstock. Follow manufacturer’s
instructions to apply rub-on transfers onto strips. Glue job titles onto board.
- Cut paper clips from gold styrene sheet and student name stars from blue pvc sheet. Apply student names onto stars using rub-on transfers. Remove protective sheet from paper clips; glue
paper clips next to job titles on board. See photo for placement.
- Attach sawtooth hanger onto back of board. Insert student name stars under clips.
- 1. Adults, help kids when cutting plywood.