Cordel Toucan Booklet
- Construction paper, 8-1/2”x11”, in
bright colors of choice
- Thick craft foam (1/4” thick), 5-1/2”x8-1/2”
- Craft foam (1/8” thick), 9”x12”
- Black ink pad
- API Crafter’s Pick The Ultimate!
- Newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Print and cut out pattern. Cut out square. Cut out shapes that are dotted (beak, eye, top of body, bottom of body,
branches on sides of body), for stamp shapes.
- Trace dotted pattern pieces on 1/8”-thick craft foam with dotted side of pattern pieces facing up. Cut out pattern pieces.
- Measure and cut 5-1/2”x8-1/2” rectangle from 1/4”-thick craft foam. Glue pattern pieces on rectangle, creating toucan stamp. Let dry.
- For booklet cover, measure and cut 8-1/2”x11” construction paper rectangle. Fold rectangle in half forming 5-1/2”x8-1/2” booklet.
- On covered work surface, position toucan stamp facing up. Use black ink pad to blot raised areas on toucan
stamp with ink. Stamp front of booklet.
- Repeat process stamping different colored papers with toucan stamp.
- 1. For a perfect eye circle, use 1/4” hole punch.