Dove Peace Mobile
- Grapevine wreath, 12” diameter
- Wooden dowel
- Craft string or jute twine
- Construction paper or cardstock: white, two shades of green
- White copy paper, 1 sheet
- Chalk: blue, yellow
- Craft glue
scissors, ruler, cotton swab, black marker, paperclip
- Position wreath upside down on work surface. Adults, help kids cut dowel to same length as diameter of wreath. Glue dowel across back of wreath. Let dry.
- Print out pattern. Cut bird’s body from white cardstock, then cut slit in body as indicated on pattern. Cut leaves from two different colors of green paper.
- For wings, cut 8-1/2”x11” white copy paper in half widthwise. Accordion-fold one cut half of white paper into 1/2”-wide folds. Insert wings into slit on body.
- Use cotton swab to apply blue chalk around bird’s body and yellow chalk around bird’s beak. Use black marker to dot eye.
- Cut five 10” lengths of craft string or jute twine. Adhere lengths on leaves and bird’s body. Adhere other ends on wreath.
- For hanger, adhere string length on center top of wreath. Adjust lengths on hanger if needed. Let dry.
- 1. If grapevine wreaths are not available or too pricey for budget, create mobile by using recycled plastic lid. Cut holes in lid and attach dove and leaves by knotting string lengths through holes.