- Heavy paper plates, two 10-1/2” (Designer used Chinet.)
- Plaid FolkArt Acrylic Colors: Baby Blue, Apple Orchard, Lemon Custard, Medium Orange, Lavender
- Plaid Simply Stencils: Alphabet, Surf, Fresh Foliage
- Gold bells, 3/4”
- Blue chenille stems, three
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Black pen
- Newspaper (to cover work surface)
- On covered work surface, paint back of one plate Baby Blue. Let dry.
- Position alphabet stencil on center of plate and use pencil to trace letters to spell “SING HIS PRAISE.” Remove stencil. Paint letters Lavender. Let dry.
- Position sun stencil on center of plate and use pencil to trace sun. Remove stencil. Paint sun Medium Orange and Lemon Custard. Let dry.
- Position fern stencil on bottom of plate and use pencil to trace plants. Remove stencil. Paint ferns Apple Orchard. Use paintbrush to highlight ferns Lemon Custard. Let dry.
- On edge of plate, paint 1/2” squares Medium Orange and Lemon Custard, alternating colors. Let dry.
- Use black pen to outline painted areas and draw face on sun.
- Cut three chenille stems in half. Thread bell on end of each chenille stem; twist ends. Glue chenille stems on inside rim of unpainted paper plate. Use clothespins to hold in place while drying.
- Apply glue along inside edges of plates; press plates together. Use clothespins to hold in place with drying.