Paper Plate Banner
- White paper plates, 9”
- Sheer white ribbon
- White cardstock
- Star paper punch, 1/2”
- Hole punch, 1/8”
- Craft glue
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Santa Red, True Blue
scissors, ruler, paintbrushes, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Cut paper plates in half. (Use as many half-sections as needed for banner length.)
- On covered work surface, paint center of half-plates True Blue. Let dry. On edge of half-plates, paint Santa Red stripes, leaving space between white. Let dry.
- Use star punch to punch five stars from white cardstock. (Or draw and cut out five stars from white cardstock scrap.) Adhere stars onto blue section.
- Use hole punch to punch holes on either end of half-plate.
- To hang, cut ribbon into 8” lengths. Thread ribbon length through hole on top of half-plate; knot ends on back. Thread other ribbon length through hole on second half-plate, linking half-plates together. Continue in this manner until banner is desired length.