Wool Felt Pillow
- Wool felt: white, 3/8 yd.; black, 1/4 yd.
- Pillow form, 12” square
- Black satin piping, 1-1/2 yds.
- Black embroidery floss
- Sewing machine and black thread
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
scissors, ruler, straight pins
- 1. For pillow front and back, cut two 13” white felt squares. Print and cut out patterns. Cut materials as indicated.
- 2. Use photo as guide to free-hand cut and arrange black felt strips on front for tree branches, overlapping and trimming as needed. Place bird on branch close to center. Place leaves along branches. (Note: Edges of leaves should not be closer than 1” to edge of pillow.) Apply small dabs of glue under black felt shapes to secure to white felt before embroidering.
- 3. Use two strands black floss to blanket stitch around edges of bird and leaves, and over branches.
- 4. Pin and sew piping around pillow front, 1/2” from edge, beginning and ending in a corner; remove pins. Sew pillow front to back with right sides together along piping stitching, leaving 10” open at bottom. Trim corners; turn right side out. Insert form into pillow. Hand sew opening closed.