- Polyform Sculpey III Polymer Clay: Chocolate, Leaf Green, Granny Smith, Red, Red Hot Red, Black
- Chalk: dk. brown, black
- Clay-dedicated rolling pin or wooden dowel
- Old or promo credit card (for cutter)
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- On clean work surface, remove clay from package. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- For apple, roll 2” Hot Red Hot ball and 2” Red ball. Roll balls together, mixing colors slightly, creating
marbleized look. Make thumbprint in top of apple (for stem).
- For stem, roll small Chocolate ball into skinny log. Insert stem in top of apple.
- For leaves, roll two small Leaf Green balls. Flatten balls into oval shapes; form into leaves. Use toothpick to draw vein lines on leaves. Press leaves
- For worm, roll six Granny Smith balls, from small to large. Press balls on side of apple from smallest to largest. For eyes, roll two tiny Black balls. Press eyes on head. For mouth, roll tiny Black log. Press log below eyes.
- Position paperweight on parchment-lined baking sheet. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake paperweight in oven. Let cool completely.
- 1. Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.