Mom’s Pin & Card
- AMACO Friendly Plastic: one stick Metallic Copper/Black; assorted scraps in colors of choice
- Red cardstock, 7” square
- Craft foam adhesive-back alphabet letters: MOM
- Print ribbon, 6” length
- Pin back
- Aluminum foil-lined baking sheet
- Olive oil
- Craft glue
- Metal heart cookie cutter, 2”
- Bowl of water
- Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil. Cut Metallic Copper/Black plastic stick in half. Position one half on baking
sheet. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake plastic in oven. (As plastic is heated, it becomes fluid and rounded.) Remove sheet from oven.
- Position small plastic scraps on melted plastic. Bake plastic in oven for a few minutes. Remove sheet from oven.
- In large bowl, mix 1” warm water with three drops olive oil. (Olive oil acts as release agent so plastic does not stick to tools.) Dip heart cookie cutter in mixture; press into plastic strip cutting out heart shape. Let
cool. Remove cookie cutter.
- For card shape, fold 7” red cardstock square into 3-1/2”x7” card. Trim 2” from bottom for 3-1/2”x5” card. Glue ribbon down card front. Bend card edges up; glue towards center.
- Glue pin back on back of heart. Insert pin back on front of card; secure on inside.
- Remove backing from foam alphabet letters. Press “MOM” on top of card.
- 1. Adults, help kids when heating plastic and using oven.
- 1. If plastic hardens, return to oven to soften. Friendly Plastic can be reheated and used in making multiple pins!
Moms Pin & Card