Bouquet of Love
- Hershey’s Candies in colors of choice: Kisses, 22; Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, two
- Clear cellophane wrapping paper
- Iridescent mesh wire-edge ribbon in color of choice, 2”-wide, 31” length
- Craft wire, 20-gauge, 5 yds.
- Green floral tape
- Wire cutters
- Transparent tape
scissors, ruler, pencil
- 1. Materials listed are for 1 dozen roses.
- 1. Cut twelve 3” squares from cellophane paper. From craft wire, cut twelve 10” lengths and three 18” lengths. Set 18” lengths aside.
- 2. For one rosebud, bend one end of a 10” length of craft wire into a small loop. (See Fig. 1.) Place loop at center bottom of candy kiss; bend wire over edge of candy kiss and down side. Place a second candy kiss, flat ends together, on top of first kiss. Center one 3” square of cellophane paper over top of rosebud; fold paper over rosebud, tightly wrapping paper around bottom of rosebud. Secure paper below rosebud by wrapping transparent tape around wire stem.
- 3. Wrap wire stem with floral tape. Make a total of 10 rosebuds in all.
- 4. For open roses, use a peanut butter cup for bottom of rose. Attach wire to peanut butter cup in the same way as rosebuds. Place flat side of candy kiss on top of peanut butter cup. In the same way as rosebuds, attach cellophane and wrap wire stem.
- 5. For spirals, wrap each 18” length of wire with floral tape. Tightly coil covered wire around pencil, leaving 7” uncoiled. Carefully remove pencil.
- 6. Holding rosebuds and roses together at different heights, twist stems together. Arrange spirals throughout arrangement; twist spiral stems around rose stems.
- 7. Cut two 15” squares from cellophane paper. Stack squares together. Place bouquet so that tops of roses are approximately 3” from one corner. Folding bottom corners of paper upward over stems, wrap paper around roses, forming a cone. Tightly wrap transparent tape around stem bundle to secure paper. Cut a 6” length from wire; tightly twist wire around stem bundle over tape.
- 8. Tie ribbon into a two-loop bow around stems; cut ribbon ends as desired.
Bouquet of Love
Rosebud (Kisses) Assembly
Open Rose (Reese's) Assembly