St. Brigid’s Cross
- Chenille stems, 12: white (or in
colors of choice)
- Ribbon, four 8” lengths of each:
- Position one chenille stem flat on work surface. Bend second chenille stem around center of first chenille stem, forming 90º angle.
- Turn chenille stems so bent chenille stem is now at top of cross.
- Bend third chenille stem around center of chenille stems, forming 90º angle.
- Rotate chenille stems again so third chenille stem is at top and second chenille stem is rotated to left.
- Continue pattern, adding total of 12 chenille stems, for woven center square. See photo.
- Trim chenille stems even. Measure and cut four 8” lengths from orange and green ribbons. Gather each point of cross; wrap ribbon around ends and tie bow.
St. Brigids Cross