Nuts About You Trio
- Recycled paper towel tube
- Cardstock (Stampin’ Up!): Pumpkin Pie; Chocolate Chip; Whisper White
- Nutmeg Collection 12”x12” Complete Paper Crafting Kit (Cosmo Cricket)
- Scrap paper
- Brown grosgrain ribbon, 1/4”
- HVAC tape
- Stamp sets: 3 Step Autumn Squirrel and Multi Step Owl & Autumn Moon Mini Set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Times Roman Font 25pt. (JustRite)
- Horizontal Wood Stamper (JustRite)
- Dye ink pads: Memento Dandelion, Desert Sand and Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive and Pumpkin Patch Spectrum (Stampin’ Up!)
- Sponge dauber
- Paper distressing tool
- Punches (Stampin’ Up!): Word Window; Modern Label
- Stamp-a-ma-jig stamp positioner (Stampin’ Up!)
- Big Shot shape-cutting and embossing system (Sizzix)
- Circle cutter and template
- Cuttlebug Damask embossing folder (ProvoCraft)
- Adhesives: clear dots; Stampin’ Dimensionals foam squares (Stampin’ Up!)
- 1. Make orange card base. Cut 3-3/4”x5” leaf paper panel, mat on brown cardstock and adhere to card.
- 2. Stamp Autumn Squirrel image layers onto white cardstock as follows: #3 Tuxedo Black; #2 Close to Cocoa; #1 Desert Sand.
- 3. Using mini stamp set, stamp larger leaves under squirrel as follows: #2 Close to Cocoa; #1 random shades from Pumpkin Patch Spectrum pad and Dandelion.
- 4. Trim panel to size and mat on brown cardstock. Distress cardstock edges. Layer onto larger orange and brown cardstock panels. Stamp Chocolate Chip sentiment at bottom of orange panel. Adhere ribbon around layered panels and adhere to card.
- 5. Stamp large leaf from Autumn Squirrel set onto white cardstock scrap as follows: #3 Close to Cocoa; #2 Pumpkin Patch; #1 Pumpkin Patch stamped off once onto scrap paper before stamping image onto cardstock. Stamp acorn onto cardstock scrap as follows: #1 Old Olive; #2 Close to Cocoa; #3 Chocolate Chip.
- 6. Cut out shapes stamped in Step 5 and sponge edges with coordinating colors to fill any white space. Adhere leaf, then acorn, to card with foam squares. Knot short hemp length, fray ends and adhere to leaf with clear dot.
- 1. Cut 4-1/4” orange cardstock square; score and fold to create tent shape. Cut 1-7/8”x4” leaf paper strip, mat on brown card stock and adhere to card.
- 2. Repeat Invitation Step 2. Trim image into small circle. Cut larger brown and orange circles for mats. Distress edges of brown mat. Layer circles and adhere to place card as shown.
- 3. Repeat Invitation Steps 5 and 6.
- 4. Stamp Chocolate Chip name onto white cardstock scrap; punch into Word Window shape. Punch brown cardstock label. Layer and adhere punch-outs; trim and adhere to place card under leaf edge.
- 1. Cut 1-1/4”-wide section from paper towel tube for each guest. Cut length of HVAC tape slightly longer than circumference of tube; leave backing in place. Emboss with Damask pattern.
- 2. Remove backing and wrap tape around tube, pressing top and bottom toward inside. For finished look, cut thinner strip of tape, emboss and adhere to inside of tube.
- 3. Repeat Invitation Steps 5 and 6 twice. Adhere leaves and acorns to napkin ring.
- 1. Use Autumn Squirrel to make a cute, non-traditional Valentine in February.
- 2. Découpage small stamped leaves onto wooden napkin rings for another look.
- 3. Experiment with various hues to create a Warhol-like, pop-art squirrel wall hanging.
Nuts About You Trio
Closeup View of Napkin Ring