- Felt, 9”x12” rectangles: two tan, two purple; assorted colors of choice
- Homespun fabric, 1-1/2”x17”: gold, purple
- Black craft thread
- API Crafter’s Pick The Ultimate! Glue
- Large-eye sewing needle
- Straight pins
- Position two felt rectangles on work
surface. Measure and make vertical cuts,
1” apart, 3/4” from top edge (for front and back of bag). (Note: Eight cuts will form nine strips. Top of bag remains uncut.)
- Cut the following strips from felt (with
10½” length): eight 1/2”-wide dk. brown;
eight 1/2”-wide beige; four 1-1/4”-wide red; four 3/4”-wide blue; two 1-1/4”-wide gold.
- Weave strips horizontally through two cut rectangles (from Step 1). Spot glue woven strips at sides and bottom. Trim ends even.
- Use straight pins to pin front and back of bag together, with right sides facing out. Use needle and thread to sew around front and back of bag; knot ends.
- For handle, measure and cut felt strip to desired length. Sew handle ends on each side of bag.