Worry Dolls & Bag
- Forster wooden doll pins, six
- Wooden axle pegs, 12
- Felt: two 8”x10” blue, two 2”x8” red; assorted scraps
- Craft thread: black; assorted colors
- Yellow rickrack, two 9” lengths
- Green ribbon, two 8-1/2” lengths
- Black cording, two 30” lengths
- Jute twine
- API Crafter’s Pick The Ultimate! Glue
- Large-eye sewing needle
- Print and cut out pattern. Cut on inside lines for neck and back of shirt. Position shirt over doll pin (body) and glue shirt and one wooden axle peg (hands) inside each sleeve. Let dry.
- For skirt, cut 2”x3” fabric strip. Wrap
and glue strip under arms. Tie jute twine around top of skirt; knot ends on back.
- For necklaces, tie two craft thread strands around neck; knot ends together. Spot glue to secure.
- For braided hair, bundle black craft thread lengths together. Tie strand around center of bundle; divide bundle into three sections. Braid bundle; tie strand around bottom. Glue braid on doll head.
- For bag, glue red felt rectangles, 1-1/2”, from bottom edge of blue felt rectangles.
- Use needle and thread to sew rickrack
across center of red rectangles. Sew
ribbon length, along both edges, on top
edge of blue rectangles. (Leave space for cording to pass through.)
- Sew blue rectangles together, along
edges, on sides and bottom.
- Measure and cut two 30” black cording
lengths. Insert black cording through
space on top of rectangles; thread
through bag. Knot ends on outside.
Repeat process for remaining black
cording length; thread through opposite
side of bag. Pull cord lengths to close bag.