Penguin Heart Shirt
- Black long-sleeve t-shirt
- Blue fleece, 1/4 yd.
- Red/white polka dot ribbon, 12” length
- Adhesive-back paper
- Tulip Fashion Blast for Fabric:
Marshmallow, Canary Yellow
- Black buttons, two 1/2”
- Coordinating-color thread
- Tulip Fashion Form
- Large-eye sewing needle
- Pinking shears
- Black marker
- Newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Print out pattern. Cut patterns from adhesive-back paper. To form stencils, cut out center of patterns.
- On covered work surface, insert fashion
form between layers of black shirt.
Remove paper backing from patterns.
Position and press half-circle (penguin
body) along bottom of shirt and heart
(penguin face) 3” from neckline. Cover
other areas of shirt with paper towels to prevent overspray.
- Spray body and face Marshmallow. Let dry.
- Position and press beak stencil on center of penguin face. Spray beak Canary Yellow. Let dry. Remove all stencils.
- Use needle and thread to sew buttons
(eyes) above beak. Knot ends.
- Use pinking shears to cut 3”-wide blue
fleece belt (penguin scarf). Tie ends
around waist. Measure and cut two
1-1/2”x6” blue fleece strips. Tie strips into bows. Use needle and thread to sew bows on ends of sleeves.
- Measure and cut 12” red ribbon length.
Tie ribbon into bow; use needle and
thread to sew bow on top of shirt.