Love Grows Here Pressed Flower Picture
- Wooden frame, 5”x7”
- Off-white solid cotton fabric, 5”x7”
- Cardboard, 5”x7”
- Brown craft paper
- Black embroidery floss
- Assorted pressed flowers and leaves
- Embroidery needle
- Black acrylic paint
- Adhesives: Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive, Therm O Web Acid-free Mounting Adhesive
scissors, medium-grit sandpaper, damp soft cloth
- Print and cut out pattern; transfer heart and lettering to fabric center. Use two strands floss to stem stitch lettering.
- Follow mounting adhesive manufacturer’s instructions to adhere cardboard to back of embroidered fabric. Arrange flowers as desired; use small amount of fabric adhesive to adhere to fabric. Place finished piece in frame.
- To give a “distressed” look to new frame, apply several coats of black paint; let dry. Lightly sand frame edges until desired look is achieved.
- To give back side a finished look, cut a rectangle from brown craft paper slightly larger than frame back; adhere in place. Use medium-grit sandpaper to trim excess paper from frame. Gently wipe paper with dampened cloth. (Note: Paper will dry taut.)