Valentine Keepsake Card
- White card with envelope, 6-1/2”x5”
- Paper: green stripe, pink stripe, vellum dot, rose dot, white
- Computer and printer, or black fine-tip permanent marker
- Paper adhesive
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler
- Cut card to measure 6”x4”. Place card on flat work surface with fold at top. Cut a 3-7/8”x5-7/8” rectangle from green stripe paper; center and adhere to card front. Cut a 3-5/8”x5-5/8” rectangle from vellum dot paper; center and adhere to green stripe paper.
- Cut the following: eight 1” squares from rose dot; eight 1” squares from pink stripe; four 1” squares from green stripe. Fold squares into kites as shown in Fig. 1.
- For eight-point star, cut 1” circle from rose dot (flower base). Place rose dot kites into a circle with long points together (Fig. 2); adhere on back side to flower base. Fold each pink stripe kite into a half kite (Fig. 3); adhere half kites in a circle on top of star to form a flower (Fig. 4). Mat flower on white paper.
- Mat green stripe kites (leaves) on white paper. Use a computer or handwrite “Love causes all things to grow.” on a white rectangle; mat on rose dot, then on white. Adhere flower, leaves, and message to card front as shown
- 1. Adhere a gem to the center of flower for added sparkle.