- Slate with wooden frame, 6-1/4”x8-1/2”
- Cork sheet, 12”x12”, 1/8" thick
- Plaid Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints: Black, White, Valentine Pink, Berry Red, Harvest Orange, Regency Blue, Nutmeg Brown
- Plaid fabric with torn edges, 2”x24”
- Craft sticks, three
- Toner Icy Silver Fun Wire, 18-gauge, 18” length
- Snowflake confetti
- White push pins, two
- Sawtooth hanger
- Drill with 1/16” bit
- Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic Coating
- Black ultra-fine-tip permanent marker
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
sandpaper, soft cloth, toothpick, pencil with new eraser, masking tape, paintbrush
- 1. Drill hole in one corner of frame and in center of each craft stick. Sand lightly; wipe dust with soft cloth.
- 2. Basecoat frame Regency Blue and craft sticks White. (Note: Tape around inside edges of frame to protect slate from paint.) Use pencil eraser to add large White dots and toothpick to add small White dots as shown.
- 3. Print and cut out patterns. Cut shapes as indicated on patterns. Basecoat head White, nose Harvest Orange, and mittens Berry Red. Drybrush cheeks Valentine Pink; add White dots. Drybrush mitten edges Nutmeg Brown. Transfer details to face and mittens; trace with marker.
- 4. Place slate on flat work surface with drilled hole at bottom right. Adhere hanger to back of slate. Insert wire through hole from back to front. For snowflake, insert wire through craft sticks; fan out to shape. Curl 1/2” length at end of wire; pull remaining wire to back. Wind wire back around to front and wrap end around chalk several times.
- 5. Adhere nose to face, and face and mittens to slate. Wrap scarf around neck. Adhere snowflake confetti to snowflake and tops of push pins. Push one pin into each mitten.
- 1. If necessary, adhere cardboard to back of cork sheet for added stiffness.