Friendly Footprints Slumberbag & Cooler
- Nylon sleeping bag, any size
- Cooler, any size
- DecoArt Patio Paints: Summer Sky Blue, Citrus Green, Petunia Purple
- Compressed sponge, 5”x6”
- Paintbrushes: liner, pointed round, round scrubber, deerfoot stippler
scissors, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Print and cut out pattern. Cut sponge as indicated; expand in water and squeeze out excess.
- For slumberbag, load top half of one sponge with Summer Sky Blue and bottom half with Citrus Green. Load remaining sponge, reversing color order. Use photo as guide to stamp slumberbag.
- Let stamped footprints dry for one minute, then use scrubber brush to tap a second coat of paint on footprints, gently blending colors. Use liner to outline footprints and add toe lines. If desired, add movement lines and accent dots.
- Stamp cooler in same way, using Citrus Green and Petunia Purple, and stippler brush to add second coat of paint.
- 1. Use a fabric paint pen to personalize items with names.
- 2. Have sleepover guests “sign” items (using liner brush and paint or fabric paint pen) or write special messages.
- 3. Use same technique to decorate beach towels, tote bags, backpacks, blankets, or other surfaces.