Cigar Box Purse
- Wooden cigar box, 6-1/2” square
- Wood veneer (iron-on or glue-on), 3”x6”
- Fabric of choice, 3/8 yd.
- Dover Publications Treasury of Historic Pattern and Design (ISBN: 048626274X)
- Buttons: ornate, three; black, two
- Assorted beads, approximately 1/2”, 20
- Black wire, 20-gauge, 16” length
- Walnut Hollow Creative Versa-Tool
- Delta Ceramcoat Instant Age Varnish
- Adhesives: Therm O Web PeelnStick Double-Sided Adhesive Sheets, Beacon Adhesives Gem Tac Permanent Adhesive
- Drill and drill bits
scissors, iron and pressing surface, paintbrush, tape
- Iron or glue veneer to box front. Tape laser image face down on front. (Note: For image, designer laser copied design on page 117 from Treasury of Historic Pattern and Design.) Follow Versa-Tool manufacturer’s instructions to transfer image and stamp box. Stamp veneer in same way. Apply varnish to lid. Glue ornate buttons to box front.
- For handle, drill holes on each side of latch. Insert wire through hole and beads onto wire; twist black buttons onto wire ends inside to secure.
- For lining, cut 6-1/2” squares from cardboard and fabric. Use double-sided adhesive sheet to attach fabric to cardboard, and cardboard to inside of box.