Lace Patchwork Sweater
- White or ivory fine-gauge sweater
- Flat lace, wide width, 1 yd.
- Tulip Fabric Spray Paint, three coordinating colors
scissors, masking tape, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Wash and dry sweater without fabric softener. Place on work surface; insert cardboard or shirt board.
- Cut lace into different-size pieces. Arrange lace on sweater front as desired. Protect areas not to be painted with masking tape.
- Lightly spray one area of sweater with first paint color. Repeat with second paint color, then the third paint color. Repeat until all areas of sweater have been covered. (Note: Allow colors to overlap and blend.)
- Remove lace; lay sweater flat to dry. Arrange lace and spray back of sweater in same way as front.
- 1. Make a “lace patchwork” tote bag in same way.
- 2. Try technique with non-fabric spray paint on note cards or paper.