Parrot Clay Zoo Friend
- Polyform Sculpey Bake Shop Oven-Bake Clay: Black, Blue, Red, White, Yellow
- Black chenille stems, two 12” lengths
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Oven thermometer
toothpick, scissors, ruler
- 1. Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.
- 1. On clean work surface, remove clay from packages. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- 2. For parrot, roll large Red oval (body) and two large Red balls (wings). Form one end of body into tail. Shape other end of body to create head. Shape and press wings on sides of body.
- 3. For feathers, roll Yellow and Blue logs and press on wings. See photo. Slide toothpick downward along wing to create feather details.
- 4. Roll two White ovals (eyes) and press on sides of head. Roll two tiny Black balls (pupils) and press on eyes. Roll two tiny Black logs (beak) and press on front of head.
- 5. For legs, measure and cut two 6” lengths of black chenille stem; fold in half and twist together to create 3” legs.
- 6. Cut small 3” black chenille stem lengths; twist around legs, forming claws. Insert chenille stem ends into bottom of body.
- 7. Position parrot on parchment-lined baking sheet. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake in oven. Let cool completely.