- 14-count white Aida, 12"x10"
- White satin or fabric of choice (pillow backing), 12"x10"
- Anchor 6-strand Embroidery Floss
- Gathered white lace of choice, 1-1/2”-wide, 1-1/2 yds.
- Embroidery needle
- Fiberfill (for pillow stuffing)
- Sewing machine and white thread
- Backstitch: >1 strand
- Cross-stitch: >2 strands
scissors, ruler, straight pins
- 1. Approx finished size: 8-5/8” w x 6-3/4” h; stitch count 120 w x 95 h
- 1. Print out pattern and key.
- 2. Stitch design centered on fabric.
- 3. Backstitch design as shown using 1 strand Gray, Med (Anchor 400) embroidery floss.
- 4. To create pillow, cut 12”x10” pillow backing; zigzag stitch around edges to prevent raveling. Position pillow backing on work surface and secure lace with pins around outside edges, matching selvages. (Note: Lace should be laying inward, against pillow backing.) Baste lace to pillow backing; remove pins. Place cross-stitched pillow front on pillow backing with right sides together, matching selvages. Secure with pins. Stitch pillow together using 1/4" seam allowance, leaving 4" opening for turning. Trim seams and clip corners; turn pillow right side out. Stuff pillow with fiberfill. Hand sew opening closed.