Winter Welcome Sign
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Balls, 2-1/2”, four
- Basswood sheet (sign), 1/4” thick, 6”x24”
- Children’s mittens, two each: blue, black
- Flannel fabric, 6”x12”
- Buttons, 4-1/2” diameter, four each: red, black
- Black beads (eyes), 3/16”, eight
- Artificial holly berries (noses), four
- White snowflakes, 3/4” diameter, 22
- Toner Crafts Fun Wire, 18-gauge, 12” length
- Plaid Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints: White, Bright Red, Black, Christmas Green
- Paintbrushes: Round, Series 35-S, #5; Flat, Series 45-S, #8; Shader, Series 15, #12
- Markers: EK Tools White Woodcraft Marker, black fine-tip permanent marker
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Drill with 3/16” bit
- Beacon Adhesive Gem-Tac Permanent Adhesive
scissors, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Print and cut out pattern. Drill holes in sign as shown. Basecoat sign Christmas Green.
- 2. For faces, basecoat plastic-foam balls White. Drybrush cheeks Bright Red. Adhere noses and eyes to faces. Use black fine-tip permanent marker to draw mouths.
- 3. For bodies, lightly stuff mittens with fiberfill. Adhere heads to bodies.
- 4. For scarves, cut four 1-1/2”x12” strips from flannel; wrap around necks. Create fringe on short ends of scarves. Adhere two black buttons to each blue mitten and two red buttons to each black mitten.
- 5. Transfer lettering to sign; trace with white marker and outline with black marker. Thread wire through holes; twist ends at back to secure. Adhere snowmen to sign and snowflakes to bodies and sign.