Lion Clay Zoo Friend
- Polyform Sculpey Bake Shop Oven-Bake Clay: Black, Orange, White, Yellow
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Oven thermometer
toothpick, paintbrush with rounded end
- 1. Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.
- 1. On clean work surface, remove clay from packages. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- 2. For lion, roll large Yellow ball (head), two small Yellow balls (ears), four Yellow logs (legs), five small Yellow teardrops (paws and mouth), and skinny Yellow rope (tail). Press legs together as shown in photo, rounding at top to create body. Press tail to back of body. Press head on body and ears on head. Press one teardrop to head for mouth. For paws, press one teardrop to each leg. Indent ears and mouth using rounded end of paintbrush.
- 3. Roll large Orange ball (mane) and wrap around head. Smooth edges. Roll one small Orange teardrop (bangs); flatten and press to top of mane. Use toothpick to add details to mane and bangs. Roll small Orange ball; press to end of tail.
- 4. For muzzle, roll two small White balls; press together, then press to head above mouth. For nose, roll small Black ball; slightly flatten. Press nose on muzzle. Use toothpick to add eye, muzzle, and paw details.
- 5. Position lion on parchment-lined baking sheet. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake in oven. Let cool completely.