Larry the Lobster Card Holder
- Recycled oatmeal canister
- Cardstock: red, light pink, dark pink, white, black
- Red chenille stems, two
- Circle paper punches: 1”, 3/8”
- Beacon Adhesives Kids Choice! Glue
scissors, black marker, hole punch, ruler
- Print out patterns. Cut patterns from cardstock. Punch two 1” circles from white cardstock and two 3/8” circles from black cardstock. Adhere black circles on white circles (for eyes).
- With black marker, outline and draw lines on claws, teeth, and tail as shown on patterns. Outline hearts and write “Happy Valentine’s Day”, if desired.
- Cut and wrap canister with red cardstock; adhere ends. Adhere eyes extending off of top of lobster. Adhere mouth on face, claws on body sides, and tail on bottom of body. Adhere hearts on claws. Let dry.
- Punch 35 circles from black cardstock using hole punch. Randomly adhere circles on claws, tail, and sides of body.
- Measure and cut chenille stems to 10” lengths; adhere lengths behind eyes for antennae. Bend ends.