6th Annual Reader Callout! “Hoppy Day” Frog Card
- Green cardstock
- Cardstock, scraps: red, white, black, lime green, dark green
- Circle paper punches: 1-1/2”, 5/8”
- Heart paper punches: 1”, 1/2”
- Beacon Adhesives Kid’s Choice! Glue
scissors, black marker, hole punch, ruler
- Print out patterns. Cut patterns from cardstock.
- Punch two 1-1/2” circles from white cardstock, one 1-1/2” circle from green cardstock, and two 5/8” circles from black cardstock. Punch two 1” hearts and two 1/2” hearts from red cardstock. Use hole punch to punch about 15 circles from lime and dark green cardstock. Cut large green circle in half (eyelids).
- Outline all large green pieces and white circles with black marker.
- To make eyes, adhere black circles onto bottom of white circles. Adhere green half circles onto top of eyes. Adhere eyes on head, extending over fold. Draw mouth using black marker. Adhere hearts on cheeks.
- Open frog card. Adhere feet, legs, and back feet onto back of card front. Adhere heart on chest. Randomly adhere small green circles on sides of body and legs. Adhere one circle on eyelid.
- On inside of card, write “Have a Hoppy Day” with black marker. Adhere red heart on inside.