Patchwork Embroidered Felt Pillow
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss: 310, 320, 351, 367, 368, 420, 469, 471, 519, 869, 899, 3348, 3760, 3803, 3821, 3838
- DMC 310 Pearl Cotton 5
- National Nonwovens WoolFelt, 6”x6”: Robin’s Egg, Moss, Periwinkle, Pistachio, Straw, Mellow Yellow, English Rose, Buttercup, Sage, Columbia Blue; Black, 12”x12”, two
- Pillow form, 12”x12”
- DMC tools: Embroidery Needles, size 5-10; Chenille Needle, size 24; Emma Broidery’s Stitch Tool; Embroidery Scissors
- Quick-drying clear glue
scissors, ruler, white pencil, straight pins
- Print out patterns. Transfer patterns and embroidery designs onto center of felt squares as indicated.
- Following stitch and color guide on patterns, embroider designs in floss colors and stitches as indicated. For felt design, for Section 1, embroider stems, petals, leaves, and flower centers last; for Section 2, no stitching is to be done; for Section 3, embroider stem and leaves and then flower and stems; for Section 4, embroider bark and stems first and then berries.
- Position felt circles on background. Embroider directly onto background as follows: for Section 5, embroider stem, leaves, and then swirls; for Section 6, layer felt triangles on top of one another and sew into place; for Section 7, embroider all elements using French Knot last.
- When all embroidery is completed, cut out felt patterns. Place one 12”x12” black square on backing felt and arrange felt patterns together on center of fabric. Secure each element first with straight pin and then spot glue on corners. Let dry.
- Following stitch and color guide on pattern, embroider quilt pieces together and onto backing felt in stitches as indicated. Secure and clip loose ends.
- Embroider outside edge of quilt square onto backing felt. Secure and clip threads on back side.
- To finish, place remaining black felt on flat surface and lay embroidery on top; pin together. Embroider edges together using DMC Pearl Cotton 5 along three sides of pillow. Insert pillow form, re-pin edges and stitch to close. Secure and clip threads.