Happy New Year! Card
- Worldwin Papers ColorMates Cardstock: Textured Gray Ribbon, Smooth & Silky Blue
- Worldwin Papers Translucent Vellum, Clear, 2”x4”
- Reminisce Graduation Silver Swirl Shimmer & Foil Paper
- Beadalon Artistic Wire Permanently Colored Copper Wire: Silver, 30-gauge, 12” length
- Clear seed beads, 55
- EK Tools ZIG: Emboss Marker, Memory System Opaque Writer
- Silver embossing powder
- Embossing heat tool
- 3M Scotch: Vellum Tape, Acid-Free Double Stick Tape Pen
- Fiskars: 12” Paper Trimmer, Two-Sided Craft Cutting Mat
scissors, craft knife, pencil
- Make 5”x7” gray side-fold card, with stripes running horizontally. Cut 4-1/2”x6-1/2” blue rectangle; attach to center front of card using tape pen.
- Cut 4-1/4”x6-1/4” Silver Swirl panel; use craft knife and cutting mat to cut 2-1/4”x4-1/4” opening into center of panel. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to apply vellum tape to blue rectangle, 1/4” from edges; press Silver Swirl panel in place.
- Cut out pattern. Place Translucent Vellum over glass; trace with pencil. Trace pencil lines with embossing marker. Apply embossing powder; emboss with heat tool. Cut out glass. Use craft knife and cutting mat to cut slit above front rim of glass.
- Write “Happy New Year!” with silver marker. Place glass on card in desired position; lightly mark bottom and top side edges of glass with pencil. Remove glass and apply vellum tape to area inside marks, trimming tape to fit. Press glass in place.
- Thread seed beads onto wire. Bend and kink wire to look like champagne bubbles. Insert half of wire into glass through slit at top and drape remaining length over glass edge. Tuck wire end under frame and use vellum tape to secure.