Polar Bear Snowflake Ornament
- Polymer clay: white, black, assorted colors
- Paper clip
- Pink powdered blush
- Clay-dedicated rolling pin or acrylic brayer
- Craft knife
- Oven and parchment-lined baking sheet
scissors, black marker, ruler, cotton swab
- 1. Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.
- 1. On clean work surface, remove clay from packages. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- 2. Print and cut out pattern.
- 3. Roll 2” white clay ball. Flatten ball to 1/4” thickness. Use craft knife to cut snowflake from white clay.
- 4. For head, roll 1/2” white clay ball. For arms, roll two 1/2” clay balls. Press and shape head and arms on one point of snowflake.
- 5. For ears, roll two small white clay balls. Press ears on head. For nose, roll tiny black clay ball. Press nose on face. For eyes, roll two tiny black balls. Press eyes above nose.
- 6. For hat, roll 1/2” ball from colored clay of choice. Form ball into triangle shape. Press hat onto head. Roll skinny log and tiny ball from same-color clay. Press log along bottom edge and ball on top of hat.
- 7. Use toothpick to add paw lines and muzzle line. Add lines on hat. Use cotton swab to apply pink blush on cheeks.
- 8. For hanger, use scissors to cut paper clip in half. Insert cut ends into back of hat.
- 9. Position ornament on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake ornament in oven at 225ºF for 25 minutes. Let cool.
- 10. Use black marker to write name, year, or other message on center of snowflake.