- WoolFelt (National Nonwovens): White; Chartreuse
- White Stabilizer (Pellon)
- Seed Beads (TOHO): 11/0: Lt. Green Silver Line; Green Silver Lines; White Opaque Luster; 8/0: Dark Ruby Silver Lines; Jet-Black Opaque
- Red Doll Buttons (JHB International)
- Pearl Medium #16 Braid (Kreinik), 10” length
- Poly-fill (Fairfield Processing)
- Needles: sewing; embroidery
- Matching sewing thread
- Straight pins
- Silamide (YLI), size A: White; Black; Red
- Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- Print out pattern. Cut two White felt snowmen, and set one aside. Cut snowman from crinoline and #30 stabilizer, and set aside crinoline. Center snowman pattern under stabilizer, and use pencil or pen to trace pattern onto stabilizer.
- Use white sewing thread to baste together a snowman, crinoline and traced piece of stabilizer traced side out.
- Work from backside using green sewing thread to baste straight lines of hat brim on felt front. Check front side to be sure basting threads are showing. It is not necessary to baste eyes, nose, mouth or buttons on body. Use traced pattern as a placement guide for beads and buttons. Quick Tip: To begin beading, use a two yard strand of Silamide in beading needle, join two ends together and knot. (Note: Use two strands for all beading.) To end thread, tie off thread on backside. To end beaded edge, take a couple of tiny stitches next to beads on backside. Run needle inside ornament and bring needle up a distance away toward middle of backside of ornament. Pull needle/thread up putting tension on the thread clip and let thread slide back into felt.
- Use Black Silamide and single bead stitch (Fig. 1) to attach 8/0 Jet-Black Opaque beads for eyes and mouth. Use Red Silamide for nose and buttons. Refer to traced pattern on backside for placement.
- Use White Silamide to attach 11/0 Green seed beads on brim of hat and 11/0 Lt. Green seed beads on top hat area. Place these beads as indicated on pattern working the rim and hat in long straight horizontal lines using bead row stitch (Fig. 2). Refer to photo and pattern. Beads vary in size so each line may not “fit the area” the same as the previous line. Start and stop each line about a beads distance from the edge of the felt.
- Place snowmen shapes wrong side together, start on top right side using white sewing thread with a whipstitch to sew around the ornament. When the snowman is halfway sewn together, place some of the stuffing firmly inside the snowman. Continue working the whipstitch around the area and adding more stuffing. When you reach top, make sure snowman is firmly stuffed, especially in the neck area. Sew top edge closed.
- Use White Silamide and White Opaque Luster seed beads with bead row stitch (Fig. 2), to work a row of beads along top edge of seamed whipstitch. Work around body of snowman. To begin, secure knot inside ornament along bottom edge and take a couple of stitches on back of ornament next to seam to secure Silamide. For brim of hat, use Green seed beads so beads match. Bead edge of brim then switch to Lt. Green seed beads for top hat area. When you reach body area of snowman, continue with White Opaque beads.
- Cut a 1”x8” strip from Chartreuse felt for scarf. Tie scarf around neck and trim ends at an angle. Use tiny amount of glue next to bottom of knot to secure.