Christmas Tree Pillow
- Cotton fabrics: burgundy check, 3/8 yd.; ivory, 6”x9”; light brown, scrap
- Green wool felt scrap
- Pillow form, 12” square
- Fringed trim, burgundy, 1-1/2 yds.
- Flat buttons: off-white, 1/2”, four; assorted colors, 3/8” to 3/4”, four
- Burgundy embroidery floss
- Embroidery Needle
- Iron and pressing surface
- Therm O Web HeatnBond Ultrahold Iron-On Adhesive
scissors, ruler, straight pins
- 1. Print and cut out pattern. Cut pieces from adhesive slightly larger than tree and trunk. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to fuse adhesive to back of green felt and brown fabric. Cut out tree and trunk, adding 1/4” to top of trunk as shown on pattern.
- 2. Remove backing; fuse shapes to center of ivory rectangle, with tree overlapping trunk. Transfer dotted lines to tree. Use three strands floss to blanket stitch around tree as shown.
- 3. Cut 6”x9” rectangle from adhesive; fuse rectangle to back of ivory rectangle. Cut 5”x8” rectangle from center of ivory rectangle; remove backing.
- 4. Cut two 12-1/2” squares from burgundy-check fabric. Fuse 5”x8” ivory rectangle to center of one burgundy-check square. Use three strands floss to feather stitch along outside edge of rectangle. (Note: If desired, use blanket stitch instead.)
- 5. Use floss to sew off-white buttons to corners of ivory rectangle and remaining buttons to tree dots.
- 6. Beginning and ending in a corner, sew trim (with fringe facing toward center) around pillow front, 1/4” from edges. With right sides facing, sew pillow front to back along trim stitching, leaving 10” opening along bottom edge. Trim corners; turn pillow right side out. Insert pillow form into opening; hand sew opening closed.