Christmas Star Ornament
- Bazzill Basics Paper Papaya Puree Medium Cardstock
- Karen Foster Design Christmas Collection Papers: Ornaments, Christmas Bells, Home for the Holidays Collage, Poinsettias
- Metallic gold floss
- Computer and printer
- Scoring tool
- Small star punch
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Pine Needles Ink Pad
- Ranger Stickles Gold Glitter Glue
- Therm O Web Adhesives: Zots Singles Small, 3-D Foam Squares, SuperStik Glue Stick
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, white printer paper
- 1. Print out patterns onto orange cardstock. Print second front pattern onto printer paper. Cut out patterns; set aside back pattern.
- 2. Using straight edge, scoring tool, and pattern as guide, score orange cardstock front piece along dashed lines. Gently fold “mountain” peaks on star points to center; folds will come toward you. Gently fold “valley” peaks from center to opposite edge; folds will point away from you.
- 3. Do not score printer paper star. Align it with orange cardstock star, rotating shape for best fit. Once stars are aligned, number corresponding sections on both stars from one to 10.
- 4. Cut numbered sections from printer paper star; use sections as templates to cut pieces from assorted patterned papers. Ink edges of each piece with Pine Needles ink; adhere to corresponding section on orange star using glue stick.
- 5. Stack and apply four foam squares to center of back star; apply foam square in middle of each point. Apply small adhesive dot at tip of each point.
- 6. Cut gold floss length for hanging loop; knot ends and press to adhesive at top point. Adhere front and back orange stars together.
- 7. Punch small star from orange cardstock and adhere to ornament center; coat star with glitter glue and let dry.
- 1. Using a glue stick to adhere individual pieces of paper gives you a bit more drying time to get them in position, compared with using other types of adhesive.