Free Spirit Girls Panel Pair
- Scrap lumber, 7-1/2”x17”x2”, two pieces
- Pink Paislee Christy Tomlinson Designs She Art Line: 6”x6” Paper Pack, Paper Dolls Bits & Pieces
- American Crafts Dear Lizzy Neapolitan Collection Silver Lining Vellum
- Assorted patterned paper scraps
- Crepe paper scraps: pink, orange
- Assorted buttons
- Unity Stamps Stamps: Christy Tomlinson Designs Stitched Daffodil, Beach Days and Sun Rays Set
- Plaid FolkArt Acrylic Paints: Light Blue, Lilac Love, White, Ivory, Light Pink, Yellow
- Artist’s gesso
- Ink Pads: Clearsnap ColorBox Chestnut Brown Pigment; Tsukineko StazOn Olive Green, Jet Black
- Faber-Castell Black Medium Pitt Pen
- Green glitter
- Plaid Mod Podge Matte Découpage Medium
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, newspapers (to cover work surface), bubble wrap, paintbrushes, foam brushes
Girl with Kite
- 1. Prime lumber with gesso; let dry. Paint front surface Light Blue and sides Lilac Love; let dry.
- 2. Trim vellum to fit center of board, leaving 3/4” border at top and sides. Adhere vellum with Mod Podge.
- 3. Using photo as guide, cut rolling hills from patterned papers; adhere to panel.
- 4. Punch out die-cut girl and adhere as shown. Hand-cut small red paper heart. Adhere heart and buttons to dress with Mod Podge; let dry.
- 5. Create kite by cutting four triangles from two coordinating papers; adhere to panel. Make kite ties from crepe paper; adhere to panel. Adhere die-cut sun, butterflies, and bird to panel.
- 6. Create flowers, stems, and leaves from scraps of die-cut paper. Cut green paper strips for grass; fringe one long edge with scissors. Adhere grass and flowers to panel; adhere buttons to flower centers. Let dry.
- 7. Cut out words from die-cut sheet. Ink edges Chestnut Brown. Adhere words to panel.
- 8. Cover main image with scrap paper, leaving 3/4” border exposed at panel edges. Stamp Olive Green daffodil background randomly around edges. Stamp bubble wrap images in same or different areas using Lilac Love paint. Drybrush edges here and there White and Ivory. Let dry.
- 9. Use black pen to outline kite and flowers and to draw kite string, butterfly trails, and faux stitching near border of image.
- 10. Adhere glitter sparingly to grass; let dry.
Girl with Banner
- 1. Repeat Girl with Kite Step 1 to prepare second panel; let dry.
- 2. Paint 3/4”-wide border around entire panel using Lilac Love paint; let dry.
- 3. Hand-paint White clouds in center of panel; let dry.
- 4. Using negative space from girl die-cut, trace clothing pieces onto various patterned papers. Adhere pieces together on panel, leaving neckline and bloomer edges free.
- 5. Using photo as guide, draw girl’s head, hair, and legs onto white paper. Paint face and legs Ivory; blush cheeks Light Pink. Paint hair Yellow. Let dry. Detail cut head and legs and adhere to panel; adhere neckline and bloomer edges to panel. Adhere flower die-cut to hair.
- 6. Stamp Jet Black sun image onto yellow paper scrap; detail cut sun and adhere to panel.
- 7. Repeat Girl with Kite Step 6-10 to finish panel, outlining and adding appropriate details with black pen. Use desired ink colors for border stamping. Cut and adhere crepe paper triangles to make banner.
girl with banner
- 1. Repeat Girl with Kite Step 3 to create hills.
- 1. Mingle fabric or trim scraps with papers to add fun texture to finished panels.