Metal Mosaic Inked Frame
- Wooden frame (with 9” opening), 14”
- Black/white digital photo of choice
- Walnut Holllow Creative Metal
- Royal and Langnickel E-Z Rub-on Memory Sentiments Transfers
- Sizzix BigShot Die Cutting System and Texturz Texture Plates Kit #7
- Jacquard Pinata Inks: Senorita Magenta, Sangria, Passion Purple, Sunbright Yellow, Mantilla Black, Sapphire Blue, Baja Blue, Blanco Blanco
- Jacquard Neopaque Black Paint
- Aleene’s Tacky Line Rolls
paintbrush, ruler, computer and printer, paper trimmer, latex gloves
- On covered work surface, basecoat entire frame Neopaque Black. Let dry.
- Use die-cutting machine and texture plates to create textured surface on creative metal.
- Measure frame sides, length, and width. Use paper trimmer to cut pieces 1/2” smaller than width of frame sides into lengths varying 2”-4” for mosaic “tiles.” Determine number of tiles needed by laying them out on sides of frame.
- Wearing latex gloves, apply various color combinations to tiles using alcohol inks. To create mottled ook, work quickly between tiles as alcohol inks will dry quickly.
- Apply tacky line adhesive to edges of each tile. Apply tiles to front of frame leaving small openings between.
- Using computer and photo editing software, enlarge photo to fit frame opening. Print photo. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to apply rub-on transfers onto photo as desired. Apply tacky line adhesive on photo; press on center of frame.