Be My Valentine Banner
- Natural cotton batting
- Cardstock: white, 12”x12” sheets, seven; green/pink double-sided polka dot
- Red cotton fabric
- Red glitter craft foam
- White alphabet stickers, 2”
- Red heart-shaped gems
- Glitter scallop-edge sticker strips
- Red ribbon: satin, 3/8”-wide; white polka dot, 2”-wide
- Heavy cording or string
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System and Dies: Fanciful Album, Scallop Heart, Eileen Hull Leaves
- Adhesives: Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac and Gem-Tac; iridescent glitter glue, fusible webbing
scissors, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to apply fusible webbing onto cotton batting. Fuse batting onto white cardstock.
- Die cut 13 album shapes from batting-covered cardstock. Die cut 13 scallop hearts from red cotton fabric. Die cut 13 fancy labels from red glitter craft foam. Die cut 13 sets of flowers from polka dot pink cardstock and 13 sets of leaves from polka dot green cardstock. Add shape to flowers and leaves by rolling them over pencil to form slight curves.
- For each block in banner, adhere red cotton heart onto center of album shape using fabric glue. Adhere glitter label onto fabric heart using gem glue. Adhere flowers and leaves under label shape using gem glue. Repeat for each block in banner.
- Apply alphabet stickers onto center of each label shape. Adhere heart gems onto center of each flower using gem glue. Apply glitter sticker strip onto top of each block. On covered work surface, paint border on scalloped edge of each block using glitter glue. Let dry.
- For each block, measure and cut two 4” satin ribbon lengths. Thread each ribbon length through holes on top of blocks.
- To hang, insert cording or string through ribbon lengths along top of banner. Add red/white polka dot ribbon bows onto ends of cording.