Sweet Treats Pocket Holder
- Fat quarters, in two complementary prints
- Thin quilt batting, 9” square
- Scrapbook or print papers, in complementary prints
- Lace or flower trim, 1/4”x3-1/2”
- Button thread
- Candy bar
- Sewing machine and thread
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
scissors, ruler, pencil, bamboo skewer, pins, sewing needle, black marker
- Measure and cut the following: two 7-1/2”x3-3/4” fabric strips; one 7-1/2”x3-3/4” batting strip; two 3-3/4”x3-1/4” fabric strips; one 3-3/4”x3-3/4” batting strip.
- Layer two 7-1/2” fabric strips, with right sides facing, with 7-1/2” batting strip on top. Using 1/4” seam allowance, machine stitch fabrics together, leaving 1-1/2” opening on one side of fabric. Trim seam allowance and turn right side out. Gently push out corners with bamboo skewer (to create base). Repeat process with remaining fabric and batting strips (to create pocket).
- Slip stitch openings closed using button thread and sewing needle.
- Using photo as guide, pin pocket onto base. Topstitch around entire holder.
- Adhere lace onto top of pocket using fabric glue. Let dry.
- Wrap candy bar with scrapbook paper. Wrap 2”-wide print paper strip around wrapped candy bar; adhere ends using fabric glue. Freehand draw heart shape on paper scraps; cut out and adhere onto candy bar. Cut small rectangle from white paper scrap; use black marker to write “be mine.” Adhere onto heart.