Quilted Valentine Pocket Hanging
- Beige print fabric, 18”x22”, two
- Pink print fabric (border), 1/4 yd.
- Pink charm pack fabric squares, eight (or eight fabrics cut into 4-1/2”x4-1/2” squares)
- Quilt batting, 1/2 yd.
- The Warm Co. Steam-A-Seam 2 Lite Fusible Webbing, 1/2 yd.
- Small pink buttons, four
- Pinking fabric shears
- Sewing machine and thread
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
scissors, ruler, pencil, sewing needle, iron and ironing board
- 1. All seams have 1/4” seam allowance.
- 1. Cut from fabrics: 14”x16-1/2” beige print rectangle (quilt front); 17-1/2”x20” beige print rectangle (quilt backing); two 2”x14” pink print strips (border); two 2”x16-1/2” pink strips (border).
- 2. With right sides facing, machine stitch border strips onto each side of 14”x16-1/2” quilt front fabric. Press seams open.
- 3. With right sides facing, machine stitch quilt front (from Step 2) onto remaining backing fabric, leaving 3” opening to turn fabric. Clip corners and turn fabric right side out. Press with iron. Slip stitch opening closed using needle and thread.
- 4. Using straight machine stitches, machine stitch from various angles across fabric quilting fabrics together.
- 5. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to fuse webbing onto four charm squares (or four 4-1/2” squares). Repeat process to fuse webbing onto remaining four charm squares (or 4-1/2” squares); fuse squares together creating double-sided print pockets. Trim top of each square using pinking shears. Refer to photo to position squares on front of quilt top. Machine stitch 1/4” from edges along three sides of each pocket, leaving top open.
- 6. Repeat Step 5 to fuse leftover or scrap fabrics together. Freehand draw and cut out four heart shapes from fused fabric. Sew pink button onto center of each heart. Adhere heart onto each pocket using fabric glue.