Mini Heart Books
- Assorted print papers, eight
- Embellishments: beads, heart charms, decorative clips, stickers, small die-cut designs
- Red ribbons: satin, organza, metallic
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System and Heart #1 Die
- Bone folder
- Paper glue
scissors, hole punch, black marker or pen
- Die cut eight hearts from print papers. Score each heart at vertical center using bone folder. Crease well.
- Adhere hearts together with one half of each connected to one half of another. Continue adhering until all eight hearts are connected. (Note: The folded heart shape will resemble a book.)
- Attach photos with clips or adhere in place on folded pages. Write messages using marker or pen and adhere other images, die cuts, or small flat embellishments as desired.
- Punch small hole into side on front and back section of folded hearts. Thread red metallic ribbon through hole on each section; tie ends together into knot.
- Measure and cut 12” red satin ribbon length. Fold in half and tie knot about 1-1/2” from fold, forming loop. Bring one tail on loop down edge where book opens and other tail down through fourth page. Form knot at bottom of folded heart.
- Add beads or charms onto ribbon ends; trim if necessary. Tie small length of ribbon onto bottom of charms to attach larger charm or embellishment. Attach ribbon through top loop and tie into bow.
- 1. Eyelets can be added to the punched hole to reinforce and keep ribbon from tearing the paper when hanging.