Happy Hanukkah Card
- Polyform Premo! Sculpey Clay: Denim, White
- Cardstock: light blue, dark blue
- Coordinating patterned papers, two
- Light blue ribbon, 1/8”-wide
- Polyform Sculpey Clay Conditioning Machine
- Ceramic tile
- Stamps: Lawn Fawn Happy Hanukkah Stamp, Northwoods Rubber Stamps Happy Hanukkah Sentiment
- Tsukineko Ink Pads: VersaMagic Night Sky Chalk, StazOn Jet Black
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, 3M Scotch Brand Quick-Dry Adhesive
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, craft knife
- 1. Start with clean hands and work surface. Good work surfaces include waxed paper, metal baking sheet, or disposable foil. Knead clay until soft and smooth. For best results, clean hands between colors. Bake on oven-proof glass or metal surface at 275°F for 30 minutes per 1/4” of thickness. For best baking results, use an oven thermometer. Do not use microwave oven. Do not exceed above temperature or recommended baking time. Wash hands after use.
- 1. Begin by preheating oven to 275°F. Test temperature with oven thermometer for perfectly cured clay.
- 2. For best results, condition all clay by running it through Clay Conditioning Machine several passes on widest setting. Fold clay in half after each pass and insert folded side into rollers first.
- 3. Mix 1/8 package of Denim and White clay to get Light Blue. Adjust proportions until desired color is achieved.
- 4. With Clay Conditioning Machine on #3 setting, roll light blue clay into sheet. Place sheet on ceramic tile.
- 5. Stamp black dreidel image five times onto clay sheet. Using craft knife, trim around dreidels. Bake as directed above. Allow to cool and set aside.
- 6. Make 5”x4-1/4” dark blue top-fold card. Cut 4-3/4”x4” dark blue patterned panel. Wrap ribbon around panel, 1” from bottom; adhere ends at back. Adhere panel to card front.
- 7. Stamp black “Happy Hanukkah” on light blue cardstock; trim and ink edges blue. Cut slightly larger light blue patterned panel; ink edges blue. Mat sentiment on patterned panel; adhere to upper right corner of card.
- 8. Use quick-dry adhesive to adhere dreidels over ribbon. Let dry.
- 1. Make extra dreidels and use them to adorn blue frames. What a great way to display your Hanukkah photos!