Clay Snow Angel Ornament
- Clear acrylic cube, 1” square
- Oven-bake polymer clay: white, orange
- Ultra-fine iridescent glitter
- Black seed beads, two
- Ribbon: gold, 1/4”-wide, 6” length; iridescent, 3/4”-wide, 8” length
- Gold craft wire, 20-gauge, 4” length
- Textured snow paint
- Spray matte sealer
- Pink chalk or powdered blush
- Clay-dedicated pasta machine or rolling pin
- Oven and parchment-lined baking sheet
- Clay needle tool or toothpick
- Eclectic Products E6000 Industrial-Strength Adhesive
masking tape, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to condition clay.
- For body, roll a 1” ball from White; press into pear shape and press onto cube.
- For legs, roll two 1-1/2”-long, 11/16”-diameter tapered logs from White. Shape wide ends into feet and press narrow ends against body at base so feet rest at sides of cube. Use toothpick or clay needle tool to press snowflake design in bottom of each foot.
- For arms, roll two 9/16” White tapered logs. Gently flatten wide ends to 1/4” thickness. Pinch and pull gently on one side of each to shape thumbs. Press narrow ends against body at shoulders; arrange hands on cube.
- For head, roll 7/8” White ball; press to body. Use clay needle tool or toothpick to position beads sideways into face for eyes. Draw, and gently press, smile below eyes, pinching slightly at center for open mouth; indent smile ends. Roll 1/8” orange ball for nose; press to face. Apply chalk or blush to cheeks.
- For halo, twist wire to form small loop at end. Bend loop forward and insert halo into head. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake snow angel; let cool.
- Cover cube with masking tape. Spray snow angel with sealer. While still wet, sprinkle with glitter; remove tape. Apply snow paint to halo. Tie gold ribbon into bow around neck. Tie remaining ribbon into bow and glue to back for wings.