Snowman Pillowcase Stocking
- Standard white pillowcase
- Felt: black, orange, fuchsia, lime green
- Tulip Caribbean Blue Cool Color Spray
- Tulip Soft Brushable Fabric Paints: Tropical Green, Turquoise, Hot Pink, Orange Mist
- Green/white check ribbon, 60” length
- Black snaps, seven
- Foam alphabet stamps
- Circle templates: 4”, 6”, 8”
- Black permanent marker
- Iron and pressing surface
- Freezer paper
- Aleene’s Thick Designer Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, paintbrushes, safety pin, newspaper or plastic tablecloth (to protect work surface), masking tape
- 1. Standard pillowcase size is 20”x30”.
- 1. Cover work surface with newspaper or plastic tablecloth. For ground, use tape to mask off about 2” on bottom of pillowcase.
- 2. For snowman body, draw 4”, 6”, and 8” circles on freezer paper and cut out. Using photo as guide and hot, dry iron, press circles to center of pillowcase, with largest circle on edge of tape.
- 3. For snow, cut 1” circles from freezer paper. Iron circles around snowman body.
- 4. Insert cardboard into pillowcase. Spray pillowcase Caribbean Blue, darker at top and lighter at bottom. Let dry. Peel off tape and circles and remove cardboard.
- 5. Lightly drybrush cheeks Hot Pink. Use marker to draw stick arms and outline snowman and snow.
- 6. Print and cut out patterns. For scarf pattern, cut various-sized strips from fuchsia felt and adhere to scarf. Adhere hat, nose, and scarf to snowman.
- 7. For eyes and buttons, make tiny cuts into pillowcase. Attach snaps to pillowcase through cuts.
- 8. Use sponge scraps to dab paint colors of choice onto foam alphabet stamps. Stamp name across bottom of pillowcase.
- 9. For hanger, make 1” cut on both sides of seam on open end of pillowcase. Attach safety pin to ribbon and insert through pillowcase casing. Remove pin.
- 10. Fill pillowcase with gifts. Pull ribbon ends to tighten and tie closed.
- 1. Use a hair dryer to speed up drying time when spraying or stamping fabric.
- 2. For added effect, highlight “snow” areas with crystal glitter paint.