3D Christmas Ornament
- Heartfelt Creations Frosty Blanket Paper Collection
- Assorted crystal beads: round, bicone, teardrop, snowflake
- Fine-gauge silver beading wire
- Silver ribbon
- Heartfelt Creations Petite Poinsettia PreCut Stamp Set
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur-Die Cutting System and Dies: Spellbinders for Heartfelt Creations Decorative Metal Fixtures, Shapeabilities Layered Poinsettia
- McGill Paper Blossoms Molding Mat and Tool Kit
- Opaque white ink pad
- Crystal glitter glue
- Fast-drying paper glue
paper trimmer, scoring board, scissors, ruler, pencil, wire cutters
- Die cut five each of two largest Decorative Metal Fixtures shapes from pale gray patterned paper. Score each shape down exact center and fold in half. For each shape, adhere back half of first piece to back half of next piece and so on until all five shapes are glued together, but leave last two halves open. Let dry.
- Stamp following poinsettia images onto burgundy patterned paper using white ink: one #1, one #2, two #3. Die cut with coordinating die templates. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to shape flowers with molding mat and tool.
- Cut an 18” length of beading wire. String teardrop bead onto center of wire. Insert both wire ends up through round bead. Adhere smaller die-cut element closed around wire, adding snowflake bead to center of shape before closing. Thread bicone bead onto wire ends, then adhere larger die-cut element closed around wire, adding assorted beads to center of shape before closing.
- For ornament hanger, cut 5” ribbon length; knot ends. Wrap beading wire ends around knotted end of hanging loop; trim excess wire.
- Tie 4”-wide, double-loop bow around knotted end of hanging loop; spot glue to secure. Layer and adhere poinsettia shapes to bow center. Accent flower center and petal edges with crystal glitter glue; let dry.
- 1. Use a fast-drying liquid adhesive when gluing the die-cut shapes together to form the ornament; use small clamps to hold paper pieces together until dry.