Quilled Pumpkin Thanksgiving Card
- Textured cardstock: brown; burnt orange; green
- Quilling paper strips, 1/8”-wide: orange, brown, green
- Thanksgiving sentiment rub-on
- Green brads, four
- Stampin’ Up! Chocolate Chip ink pad
- Hole punch, 1/16”
- Sponge dauber
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
scissors, plastic drinking straw
- 1. Refer to photo for assembly.
- 1. Cut 8-1/2”x5-1/2” piece from burnt orange cardstock; score and fold in half to create side-fold card. Ink edges.
- 2. Cut 2”x2”, 3/4”x4”, and four 1”-wide triangles from green cardstock. Cut 3”x3” piece from brown. Cut 2-1/2”x2-1/2” (diamond) and 1/2”x3-7/8” pieces from burnt orange.
- 3. Rub sentiment onto burnt orange rectangle; mat to green rectangle. Adhere across bottom of card front.
- 4. To quill pumpkin, cut plastic drinking straw to 3” length to create tool. Snip end creating slit. Cut three 22”-long orange paper strips. Position one strip into slit. Hold tool in place with one hand and twirl paper around tool with other hand. Remove paper from straw, forming coil shape. Form coil into teardrop shape. Adhere ends. Let dry. Repeat step to create two more teardrop shapes. Using photo as guide, adhere teardrops into pumpkin shape. Coil one brown 10” strip and one green 8” strip. Form brown coil into triangle shape; adhere to top of pumpkin. Form green coil into leaf shape; adhere to stem.
- 5. Adhere quilled pumpkin to center of green square; adhere green square to burnt orange diamond. Attach brads to diamond corners. Cut corners off brown square; adhere to card front with 1/8” space between square and its corners. Adhere green triangles centered on four sides of brown square. Adhere burnt orange diamond with quilled pumpkin to center of brown square.