Helping Hands Aprons
- Canvas aprons: adult-size tan, child-size orange
- Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paints: Adobe Red, Cinnamon, Spice Brown, White, Terra Cotta, Raw Sienna, Espresso, Barn Red;
- Delta Ceramcoat Textile Medium
- Embellishment ideas: assorted sequins, bugle beads, seed beads, rick rack trim, ribbon, glitter
- Sewing needle and black thread
scissors, black marker, tracing paper, white copy paper, paintbrush and sponge scrap
- Trace hand print, with fingers together and thumb extended, onto white paper. Outline each hand print with black marker. Trace hand prints onto tracing paper and transfer onto aprons.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to mix textile medium with paint. Sponge paint turkeys and small rectangles (legs) Spice Brown. Let dry
- Print and cut out pattern. Transfer details onto turkeys
- Paint heads with mixture of Adobe Red + Cinnamon (4:1). Paint feet and beaks Terra Cotta.
- Paint feathers White, Black, Terra Cotta and Adobe Red + Cinnamon (4:1) mixture. See photo for guide. Lightly highlight feathers Barn Red.
- Paint wings White, Raw Sienna, Espresso and mixture of Adobe Red + Cinnamon (4:1). Highlight wings Barn Red. Paint wattle Barn Red. Let dry. Outline feathers and details with marker.
- Sew beads onto heads for eyes or dot eyes with marker.
- Attach sequins, beads, or trims as desired.