- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Balls: 3”, two; 1-1/2”, one
- Recycled aluminum can
- Wiggle eyes, two
- Silk oak leaves
- Craft sticks, two
- Candy Corn, small amount
- Acrylic paints: gloss brown, yellow
- Adhesives: low-temp glue gun and sticks, thick craft glue
scissors, skewer, paintbrush, scrap piece of foam, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Approximate Size: 8"x10"
- 1. Glue guns are hot and can burn. If using a low-temp glue gun, have the adult in charge handle the glue gun.
- 1. On covered work surface, paint recycled can glossy brown. Let dry.
- 2. Insert toothpicks into one 3” and 1-1/2” balls to use as handles while painting. Paint balls brown; let dry. (Note: Insert toothpicks into scrap piece of foam while paint dries.) Paint craft sticks yellow. Let dry.
- 3. To assemble turkey, apply glue to toothpick and insert into 1-1/2” ball (head); apply glue to other end of toothpick and attach head onto 3” ball (body). Insert and adhere craft sticks (legs) into bottom of body; position sticks toward back of body.
- 4. Position remaining 3” ball into can. Insert turkey legs into foam ball in can. Remove turkey, add glue to holes, and reinsert turkey.
- 5. Cut stems from silk leaves and insert into back of turkey, creating fan-shaped tail. If needed, make small holes with pointed skewer; insert leaves. Spot glue to hold in place. Insert one leaf on each side of turkey for wings. Adhere wiggle eyes and candy corn beak on face.
- 6. Wrap raffia around top of can; adhere in place. Tie 8” raffia length into bow. Adhere raffia bow on center. Adhere candy corn at random on can.