Go Green Earth Day Shirt
- Pink cotton shirt
- Recycled jeans, scrap
- Green felt, scraps
- Tulip PUFFY Dimensional Fabric Paint: White
- The Warm Co. HeatnBond Ultrahold Iron On Adhesive
scissors, ruler, plastic placemat for work surface
- Adults, help kids when using iron. Follow manufacturer's instructions to apply iron-on adhesive onto wrong side of jean and felt scraps.
- Print out pattern. Transfer Earth circle shape onto back of jean scrap. Cut continents from pattern and trace onto wrong side of green felt scraps. Use scissors to cut out pattern pieces.
- Position one piece of scrap paper between layers of shirt. Remove paper backing from iron-on adhesive. Position Earth jean circle on center of shirt and arrange continents on circle to create Earth. Position second piece of scrap paper on top of layered Earth shape and follow manufacturer's instructions to iron-on adhesive.
- Outline Earth and each continent using White dimensional paint. Lay flat to dry. Once fully dry, follow manufacturer's instructions for steaming paint with iron creating "puffy" appearance.