Cloud Clay Ornaments
- AMACO Cloud Clay: Red, Green, White, Blue
- Wire, 22-gauge, 1 yd.
- String or floss
- Christmas tree cookie cutter, 3”
non-stick work surface (like plastic placemat), scissors, ruler
- Twist 2” wire lengths into small loops for hangers. On plastic placemat, condition clay by pulling and stretching until soft and pliable.
- For trees, stretch Green clay to make textured lengths. Lie lengths side-by-side and press together to make slab. Cut out tree shape with cookie cutter. Insert loop of wire in top of tree. Roll tiny balls (ornaments) of Red, White, and Blue clay; press on tree.
- For candy canes, roll 1/2”-long log of White clay and 2”-long log of Red clay. Twist White and Red logs together, creating stripes. Cut log into 5” length; bend into cane shape. Insert wire loop in top of cane.
- For stockings, form 1” Red balls into stocking shapes. Insert wire loop in top of stocking. Press White clay sock and cuff trim on stocking.
- Set ornaments aside until dry. Hang on tree using string or floss.