Embroidered Holiday Table Runner
- Allaboutblanks White Brickroad Runner, 72”x16”
- DMC Evergreen Forest (4045) Color Variations Floss
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss: Golden Olive (832), Bright Green (700)
- Kreinik Chartreuse Hi Luster (015HL) #8 Fine Braid
- Kreinik #4 Very Fine Braid: Red (003), Amethyst (026), Turquoise (029)
- Mill Hill Glass Beads: Gold Seed (00557), Brilliant Orchid (02085), Antique Rich Red (03049), Frosted Aquamarine (62038)
- Sewing thread: white, red
- White tissue paper
- Crewel needle, size 10
- Embroidery hoop
mechanical pencil, ruler, scissors, long straight pins, tweezers, thick towel, iron and ironing board
- 1. Use crewel needle for basting, embroidery, and bead attachment. To attach beads, use double strand of embroidery floss or sewing thread as indicated. Do not baste bead attachment. Use tweezers to remove tissue paper pieces.
- 1. Print out patterns. Press tissue paper and runner to remove wrinkles. Cut six small pieces of tissue paper slightly larger than embroidered sections. Trace each pattern two times on tissue paper pieces.
- 2. Center traced tree pattern on runner. Pin in place. Use white sewing thread to baste around tree to hold tissue paper in place. Use Chartreuse Hi Luster braid and stem stitch to embroider branches. Remove tissue paper. Use two strands Evergreen Forest and straight stitch to embroider one branch at a time. (Note: Have stitches slant toward branch making them shorter at tip of each branch, beginning at top of tree.) Add straight stitches in various lengths and angles. Add Gold, Brilliant Orchid, Rich Red, and Frosted Aquamarine beads in random pattern using bead straight stitch attachment and coordinating-color floss.
- 3. Center bell pattern on bottom right of tree; pin in place. Use one strand Bright Green floss and stem stitch to embroider outline of holly on bell. Use two strands Golden Olive and stem stitch to embroidery outside outline of bells. Use #4 Red braid and stem stitch to embroider inside lines on center bell. Use two strands Golden Olive and straight stitch to embroider single line for bell clangor. Use same needle and thread to attach bead circle around clangor. Use two strands Golden Olive and single bead stitch to attach six beads between center lines on center bell. Use #4 braid and stem stitch to embroider lines on right side of bell, using Amethyst on top and bottom lines and Turquoise on center line. For left bell top and bottom lines, use Turquoise; on center lines, use Amethyst. Remove tissue paper.
- 4. Use two strands red sewing thread and single bead stitch to attach three Rich Red beads on center of holly. Remove tissue paper. Use two strands Bright Green floss and stem stitch to embroider holly wreath. Remove tissue paper. Use two strands red sewing thread with single bead stitch to attach clusters of three Rich Red beads around holly wreath.
- 5. Follow Steps 2-4 to embroider other end of table runner.